Monday, October 17, 2011

Week 2/Pearl's virtual walk


This is mid-point on our walking challenge and our team is committed!

To make it interesting I'm doing a "virtual walk" to Fairview Beach, VA...77 miles away.
It's said that a journey begins with a single step....and I did walk out of my driveway! This fall foliage is fantastic walking weather and I've driven up to Skyline Drive to walk Big Meadow.

On the treadmill I've passed Quinque, Ruckersville, and Barboursville; said a virtual "Hi!" to friends in Orange and am now approaching Wilderness, Va.

While on the treadmill I visualize Fairview Beach which is located on the Potomac River.
I've never been there and my reward at the end of the walking challenge is to actually drive there! I look forward to really walking on the beach, discover the natural areas and enjoy a seafood dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment